RICHARD CHRISTOPHER SALMEN
19930 West 117th Terrace
Olathe, Kansas 66061
Cell: (913) 219-0005 E-Mail: email@example.com
August 2016 – Present. Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Northern Financial Advisors, Inc, Bloomfield Hills, MI.
- July 2016 – Elected Chair-Elect of the CFP® Board of Standards for 2017 and will serve as Chair in 2018.
- September 2016 – Recognized by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) as a recipient of the 2016 Heart of Financial Planning Award.
March 2014 – May 2014. Manager, Financial Planning Services, BOK Financial, Overland Park KS.
- Merger of GTrust into BOK Financial.
- January 2015 – Elected to four-year term on the board of directors of the CFP® Board of Standards.
August 2000 – February 2014. Senior Vice President and Senior Advisor, GTrust, Overland Park KS.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) – Awarded the CFA® Charter by the CFA Institute in September 2004.
- 2009 National President of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). Previously served on FPA Chapter Leadership Resource Council.
- Certified Trust & Financial Advisor (CTFA) – Earned the designation of CTFA from the Institute of Certified Bankers in September 2000.
July 1997 – August 2000. Trust Officer/Advisor, The Legacy Trust Company, Overland Park KS.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) – Completed the College for Financial Planning Certified Financial Planner Professional Education Program. Passed the November 19-20, 1999 CFP® Certification Examination. Awarded CFP® License on January 10, 2000.
- Enrolled Agent (EA) – Passed the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Enrolled Agents Examination in October 1998 and accepted for Enrollment to Practice before the IRS in May 1999.
April 1992 – June 1997. Senior Partner, Financial Planning Concepts, Olathe, KS.
- Completed Series 24, Series 7, Series 6, Series 63, Series 22 and Life, Health and Disability licensing requirements.
- Registered Investment Advisor.
August 1988 – March 2013 (Retired). Air Traffic Control Specialist, Air Route Traffic Control Center, Olathe, KS.
- Outstanding Graduate, Federal Aviation Administration Air Traffic Training Course, November 1988.
- Hired under the Airway Science Program. This program seeks college graduates with air traffic control aptitude for future management positions.
- Recognized with an All Points/Safety Award for the assistance rendered to the pilot of a distressed cargo aircraft on April 27, 2012.
Master of Business Administration; The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS; May 1993.
- Earned a 80 GPA (4.0 scale).
- Recognized as a Graduate Business Scholar during last four semesters.
Bachelor of Science; Kearney State College, Kearney, NE; August 1988. Comprehensive Business Administration major with an emphasis in Airway Science.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 96 GPA (4.0 scale).
- Award of Honor, Business Department.
- Wall Street Journal Award for Academic Excellence, 1988. (Awarded to number one graduate in business department.)
Associate degree in Liberal Arts, City Colleges of Chicago, Darmstadt, Germany; January 1986.
- 4.0 GPA (4.0 scale) in all courses while stationed with the Army in Germany.
MILITARY EDUCATION AND AWARDS
August 1997 – August 1998. Combined Arms Services Staff School, Ft. Leavenworth, KS.
- Graduated from the United States Army’s premier staff officer development program.
May 1995. Signal Officer Advanced Course-Reserve Component, Ft. Gordon, GA.
- Awarded Honor Graduate
- Achieved a 100% academic average.
May 1989 – October 1989. Signal Officer Basic Course, Ft. Gordon, GA.
- Awarded Distinguished Graduate diploma for achieving the highest academic average (99.19%).
- Won the Kilbourne Leadership Award. Presented to the outstanding leader of the Signal Officer Basic Course.
August 1985 – May 1988. Reserve Officers’ Training Corps Cadet, Kearney State College, Kearney, NE.
- Distinguished Military Graduate.
- Cadet Battalion Commander, senior year. Established policy and procedures for the Corps of Cadets and enforced them through the cadet chain of command.
- Earned a 5 (top 10%) rating at ROTC Advanced Camp.
January 1984 – July 1985. Electronic Switching Systems Repairman, Det. 2, 44th Signal Bn., Darmstadt, Germany.
- Soldier of the Year, V Corps United States Army, Europe and Seventh Army, 1985.
- Distinguished Graduate, Electronic Switching System Repairman Course (36L10).
- Commanding General’s Award for Military Excellence. Presented for graduating number one from basic training.